Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Adorable dragon spatial concept and following directions activity

I am so excited about this activity!  With testing and annual reviews, it took me a long time to finish, but here it is!




I was searching for graphics, and I saw these dragons and fell in love with them.  I have had many students over the years who love dragons, so I decided I had to have them.  

Included in this packet are:

  • 2 sets of small spatial concept cards, one labeled, one unlabeled.
  • 10 large labeled concept cards.


  • Concepts targeted include:
   in, out, next to, between, under, on,
   behind, in front of, far, near

  • Question strips for identification of concepts.



  • Following directions cards for conditional, one-step, two-step, three step, and before and after directions.




  • Blank cards for writing your own directions.
  • Large dragons for Simon Says
  • Board Game –use your own pieces and dice.


There are so many ways to use this activity.  Play matching, memory, and Go Fish with the small cards.  Play Simon Says for following directions and practicing spatial concepts with the large dragons that are included.

I included a board game as well.  The small concept cards or the directions cards and sentence strips can be used while playing the game.  Use your own dice or spinner and game pieces.  If a student follows the direction or responds correctly to the question, they take a turn.  Whoever finishes first wins!

I hope all of you (and your students) will enjoy it!  Head over to my TpT store to get it: 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Dragon-Spatial-Concepts-and-Following-Directions-Activity

No comments:

Post a Comment